January 5, 2019
January 12, 2019
January 19, 2019
January 26, 2019
Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Moberly Young Scholars Tournament
- Moberly High School
- Novice Division
- Middle School Division
- NAQT MSNCT Qualifier
- Questions: SCOP 9 (JV), NAQT MS-28
- Correct tossup answers are ten points each, with an additional five-point "power" awarded for a correct answer given before a pre-determined point in the tossup. We are not assessing a five-point penalty for interrupting the moderator during the tossup with an incorrect answer. Incorrect bonus parts shall immediately rebound.
At present, we are limiting each division to 12 teams, with an eye to expand each division as staff becomes available.
For the JV division, we are enforcing a roster restriction:
* All freshmen may compete. NO seniors may compete.
* Sophomores who have not competed at HSNCT, SSNCT or PACE NSC may compete.
* Juniors who have not previously competed at any 20/20 tournament may compete.
Varsity players who are not eligible to compete are welcome to serve as tournament staff and can qualify their school for a discount off the registration fee.
In order to serve as a qualifier for MSNCT, freshmen are not allowed to compete at the middle school level.
Teams will play five morning rounds, break for lunch, then return for at least three afternoon games. This setup is subject to change, depending on the number of teams signed up. We plan to start the team meeting at 8:30 a.m., with the first round set for 8:50 a.m. and afternoon rounds slated to begin at 1:30 p.m. With the exception of any playoff games for trophies, we anticipate the last game ending around 4 p.m.
- Registration form
- Contact: Kathy Brandon and Kyle Hill
- moquizbowl.com discussion