January 27, 2018
February 3, 2018
February 17, 2018
February 24, 2018
Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Moberly Young Scholars Tournament
- Moberly High School
- Novice Division
- Middle School Division
- Questions: SCOP 8
- We will host a junior varsity/novice division and a middle school/junior high division. Middle school/junior high programs must be properly registered with MSHSAA in order to participate. There will be no roster restrictions for the MS/JH division; the JV division will have a roster restriction:
* All freshmen may compete. NO seniors may compete.
* Sophomores who have not competed at HSNCT, SSNCT or PACE NSC may compete.
* Juniors who have not previously competed at any 20/20 tournament may compete.
Varsity players who are not eligible to compete are welcome to serve as tournament staff and can qualify their school for a discount off the registration fee.
Each game shall consist of two halves of ten tossups each, with each correct tossup followed by a three-part bonus. Correct tossup answers are ten points each, with an additional five-point "power" awarded for a correct answer given before a pre-determined point in the tossup. Unlike other NAQT/national tournaments, we will NOT assess a five-point penalty for interrupting the moderator during the tossup with an incorrect answer. Incorrect bonus parts shall immediately rebound.
Novice Results | Middle School Results
- Contact: Kathy Brandon and Kyle Hill
- moquizbowl.com discussion