Saturday, October 22, 2016
- Missouri Fall Academic Tournament
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- NAQT HSNCT Qualifier
- PACE NSC Qualifier
- Questions: NAQT IS-160
- We will be giving out trophies to the top 3 teams, and if we have a large enough field of small schools, we will also give out an award to the top placing small school team. We will be using NAQT's definition of a small school, which is any non-selective public school with 500 or fewer students in grades 10-12.
This tournament will be using a rule where each team can have a maximum of 6 players. If you have more than that, do not feel hesitant signing up an extra team so that every player gets more opportunities to participate in games.
The field will be capped at 24 teams. Spaces will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will form a waitlist, and if teams drop, we will proceed down the list in order. If the field fills, then we will be able to guarantee you a 10 game schedule, which we are very excited to offer your team to allow them to get increased early season playing time. Also, if we fill the field, then the top 6 teams and possibly the top small school will qualify for the 2017 NAQT High School National Championship. Additionally, the top teams will qualify for the 2017 PACE National Scholastics Championship.
We hope to expand the field, but we're setting a 24 team cap until we're sure we have enough staff to host a larger event.
- Contact: Sean Phillips and Itamar Naveh-Benjamin
- moquizbowl.com discussion