November 17, 2018
December 1, 2018
December 8, 2018
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- Pre-Nationals and MOQBA Singles Championship
- Hickman High School
- Questions: Mirror of Prison Bowl
- As in the past, this tournament takes advantage of MSHSAA's newer rules that allow everybody to play one tournament after districts but before nationals season begins. This event has consistently drawn a very competitive field with teams coming both to get a tune-up before nationals, or teams who aren't going to nationals who just want to play one more tournament before the season ends. Everyone is welcome!
This tournament will again be a mirror of Prison Bowl written by Hunter College High School's quiz bowl team. It will be using strict ACF rules: 20 tossups worth 10 points each in every round; -5 point penalties; and bonuses will be worth 30 points each. Additionally, each team is allowed a maximum of 6 players. If you have more players than that, do not feel hesitant signing up an extra team so that every player gets more opportunities to participate in games.
The tournament field cap is set at 18 teams. Spaces will be allotted in the order in which we receive your registration email. We guarantee as close to 10 games as our field size permits.
Immediately after the main event, the third annual MOQBA Singles Championship will be held. This is a tournament where students play solo against each other in games that are 20 tossups long. We will be using questions mirrored from a tournament at Norcross High School in Georgia. The entry fee will be $8 per player. Because this event will only use tossups, it should run very fast. We hope to have it completed by 6:30 p.m. Also, because MSHSAA jurisdiction only involves team-based events, this will not count towards a player's 14 tournament limit. This event has proven very popular in the past, and players who weren't even in the main event have traveled in to participate, so we hope to see this year attract a very competitive field again. There will be an 18-player cap.
- Contact: Kathleen Wells-Morgan
- moquizbowl.com discussion